The City of Gladewater has contracted with Republic Services (formally Olympic/Allied Waste) (800-678-7274) to dispose of waste inside the city limits of Gladewater.
Pick-ups are twice a week. Republic Services is required to pick up no more than 9 bags/cans on the first pick-up of the month and all bags/cans on the second pick-up. Citizens are responsible for their own garbage containers and placing them at the curb before 7:30 a.m. on the day of pick-up. Handicap pick-up service is available. The fee for this mandatory service is included with your monthly water bill. All trash must be bagged – NO LOOSE TRASH will be picked up!
Below are the holidays that Republic Services does not provide pick-up service on:
- New Year’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be observed and if a holiday falls on Sunday, the following Monday shall be observed.
City Wide Clean-Up Days
Twice a year, the City of Gladewater sponsors a “City-Wide Clean-Up Day”. This traditionally is done one Saturday in April then again in October. Dumpsters are positioned by the railroad track beside E Commerce Street. Residents must show proof of city residence when dumping.
The following are items that are NOT allowed in the downtown dumpsters:
- No loose garbage, Bulky waste only
- Dirt, rock, sand
- Glass or Tires
- Construction materials
- Sheet Rock
- Roofing Materials
- Any materials resulting from contractual work or commercially related activities
- Hazardous Materials
- Motor Oil
- Refrigerant containing items** (Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioning units, etc.)**Refrigerant units CAN BE collected, BUT ONLY if they have been tagged by a certified technician to be free of CFC’s.
“Do it Yourself” Trash Disposal
The City of Gladewater does not operate it’s own landfill. Citizens of Gladewater are able to use the Pine Hill Landfill operated by Republic Services and located Southeast of Gladewater near Hwy 31 at FM 1252. The amount you are able to take monthly is determined by the landfill and you can contact them directly for the current information.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. – Noon
City of Gladewater residents use of the Pine Hill Landfill. Contact Republic Services to determine the exact amount of disposal per month. Does not apply to commercial waste.
- Tires cannot be disposed of unless split, quartered or shredded.
- Oil and oil filters cannot be disposed of at the Pine Hill Landfill.
- Refrigerators, A/C units or any appliances containing chloroflorocarbons (CFC’s) cannot be disposed of at the Pine Hill Landfill unless refrigerant has been removed by a person certified to do such. Certification letter needs to be brought with unit.
- Lead acid batteries cannot be disposed of at the Pine Hill Landfill.
- By law, all loads must be tarped when transporting to prevent spillage on highways.