Oversees the financial activities of the city under the administrative direction of the City Manager; is responsible for accounting and fiscal functions of the municipality; works closely with the City Manager and departments in monitoring areas of financial responsibility; oversees the city's budget, cash managements, investment activities, and city audit; supervises and oversees the Utility Billing Department, Municipal Court, and Finance.
Responsible for the administration and direction of the Human Resources function. Manages labor relations, training, classification and pay, benefits administration, and a wide array of other activities. Responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of departmental records and employee documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as City Treasurer, HR Director, City Hall Manager and Supervisor of Finance Department, Utility Billing, and Municipal Court.
- Must attend all City Council meetings.
- Produce accurate and complete financial statements.
- Develop and administer policies for appropriate risk control and protection of City assets.
- Direct investment activities for all City funds.
- Work directly with City manager and department directors to maintain and improve efficiency, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Work with City Manager to prepare annual budget.
- Supervise and evaluate staff of the Finance, Court, and Utility Billing departments.
- Once Bids are procured and jobs awarded, oversee contracts, grants, project costing, reporting, etc.
- Establish policies and procedures for all accounting procedures, internal controls, data processing, and computer usage.
- Assists outside auditors with the preparation of the annual audit.
- Files all required annual reports to state, comptroller, bond holders, grantors, etc.
- Reconcile bank statements and prepare financial summary on monthly basis.
- Monitors departmental budgets, controls expenditures, budget amendments, and overall tracking of city assets and budgets.
- Presents financial report to council on quarterly basis.
- Setup and oversee all city vendor charge accounts, credit cards, and fuel cards.
- Oversight over on boarding processes for new hires; drug tests, physicals, background checks, employee orientations for all new hires, creation of employee files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly completed.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all City personnel; development and implement of City policies and procedures; updates and maintains employee handbook.
- Manages insurance plans including, property, vehicle, health, worker’s comp, etc. Ensures all requirements are met and reports are filed.
- Maintains employment records and files.
- Tracks city vehicle fleet including maintenance, vehicle roll overs, etc.
- Complies with all state and federal reporting.
- Use tact, diplomacy, and helpful attitude in all contacts with public, media, other departments, and governmental agencies.
- Must be bondable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports directly to the Mayor and City Council and works closely with the City Manager. Monitors all activity of the financial operations, budget, and assets to ensure sound fiscal management through processes and procedures, checks and balances, and annual audits. The purpose of this position is to maintain and oversee the budget consistent with City Council and Master Plan goals and ensure that the departments operate within the approved budget, are advised as to the financial condition, and needs of the city, manage assets and investments in accordance with guidelines and sound financial management. Should also have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. This position also serves as a backup to the City Clerk and is an Emergency Management Personnel.
APPLICATIONS & DEADLINES
You must submit a completed application and resume, to City Manager Ricky Tow, to be considered for this position. Applications / Resumes will be accepted until Friday June 10, 2022 @ 12PM for the first round of reviews. Position will remain open until filled.
Submit completed application and all supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by regular mail to: City of Gladewater, Attn: City Manager Ricky Tow, PO Box 1725, Gladewater, TX 75647; or in person at Gladewater City Hall, 519 E. Broadway, Gladewater, TX 75647. EEOE
- Job ID: 63427796
Gladewater, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: City of Gladewater
- Position Title: City Treasurer / HR Director
- Job Function: Administrative
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 2-3 Years