Performs a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance of the City's collection / distribution infrastructure, parks and streets; does related work as required including meter reading and cleaning of City property.
Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions. Communicates effectively and courteously with the public and other City employees. Makes ethical decisions that conform to applicable laws, departmental policy and regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all phases of parks and streets maintenance/mowing, alleys and drainage inspection, maintenance, repair and construction pursuant to high departmental.
- Operate a variety of equipment and tools used in street repair and park maintenance. Use sound judgment to ensure equipment is properly used and maintained.
- Operate a variety of equipment and tools used in water and sewer line repair.
- Cleans/clears debris and refuse from City property and streets on a routine basis.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other employees and public.
- Maintain a reliable level of punctual attendance.
- Subject to after-hours call-out for emergency situations.
- Works in an out-door environment subject to extreme temperatures and inclement weather, hazardous chemicals, insects, dust, poisonous plants, noxious smells, fumes and loud noise intensity; maintains physical activity over prolonged periods of time including standing, walking, kneeling and stooping in awkward positions, and moving/lifting heavy objects as required by job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Texas Drivers License, Class "C" or above
- Physical demands:
- Mobility which includes sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, vision, hearing, talking, writing, pushing, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting up to 70 lbs. Able to work in all weather conditions such as heat, cold, and rain.
- Maintain a degree of physical fitness necessary to perform all tasks outlined in this job description
- Prefer Waste water license "C" or above
- Job ID: 57588963
Gladewater, Texas, United States
- Position Title: Laborer
- Company Name: City of Gladewater
- Job Function: Public Works/Utilities
- Entry Level: Yes
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
- Min Experience: None
- Required Travel: None