Clerk – Utility Billing, Water Billing Clerk
Completed applications can be hand delivered to City Hall, sent via regular mail to PO Box 1725, Gladewater, TX 75647 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receives payments and creates receipts. Balances cash drawer to receipts. Generates billing, collections, adjustments, and work orders. Produces monthly reports as required for accounting purposes and for special projects as needed. Cross train to assist co-workers as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Communicate effectively and professionally with all co-workers and the public.
• Keep supervisor informed of progress and any issues.
• Utilize computer, software and equipment as required for job.
• Prioritize workload effectively.
• Keep assigned areas clean.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receipt in monies, balance cash drawer and prepare daily bank deposit.
• Answer telephone and assist public in all aspects of water billing in a professional and courteous manner.
• Prepare monthly billing, meter reads, past due notices, and delinquencies.
• Generate monthly reports as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 10 Key proficiency
• Organizational skills
• Math computations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Using a computer for duration of shift
• Lifting to 20 lbs.