Click Here to Apply: APPLY NOW
- Answers and processes incoming 911 and non-emergency calls for assistance from the public.
- Requests and obtains information from callers: determines the need and type of service required.
- Applies professional communication techniques to calm hysterical, irrational, or orate callers.
- Documents and enters call information into the Computer Aided Dispatch system.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits various types of dispatch records and documentation.
- Monitors incoming radio traffic; dispatches Police, Fire, EMS, and/or non-emergency response personnel to appropriate call locations.
- Maintains communication with field units; monitors the location and safety field personnel.
- Researches and relays call information to responders; performs driver license, vehicle registration, criminal background and warrant checks; processes wrecker requests.
- Operates various types of telecommunications equipment, software programs and systems including TLETS, VIN Assist, VOIP Phone and Higher Ground System.
- Inputs, updates, and verifies the accuracy of information in the NCIC/TCIC systems; validates and confirms the status of entries.
- Assists in the monitoring of security cameras, and services/support to other City departments including Public Works, Code Enforcement and the Municipal Court.
- Attends training and develops public safety communications knowledge and skills.
- Maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; no experience is required as this is an entry level position.
- Basic TCLEOSE Telecommunications Operator required within 6 months of hire.
- NCICTCIC (Less than full access) Operator, TTY and National Incident Management System (MIMS) ICS certifications are required within six months of employment.
- Able to communicate and perform under stress.
- Able to carry, lift, drag, or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Job ID: 55038403
Gladewater, Texas, United States
- Position Title: 911 Dispatcher
- Company Name: City of Gladewater
- Job Function: Safety – (Dispatcher Animal Control etc)
- Entry Level: Yes
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
- Min Experience: None