Under the supervision of the Code Enforcement director, patrol city streets attempting to keep them free of stray and injured animals; assist with public health and safety code enforcement; do related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all co-workers, vendors, and the public.
- Make ethical decisions that conform to applicable laws, departmental policy and regulations.
- Possess good decision-making skills.
- Competently perform under stress when confronted with high priority situations and distractions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Patrol city streets and impound stray and injured animals.
- Issue citations for violations of animal control laws and assist with public health and safety code enforcement, communicate effectively and courteously with the public, attend and testify in all criminal and civil courts when summoned.
- Attend training schools and seminars and other city related events which may require occasional overnight travel.
- Keep a daily activity log.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Texas Driver’s License, Class “C” or above.
- Must be able to obtain animal control certification
- Must be able to obtain code enforcement certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING OCNDITIONS
- Ability to stoop, squat, kneel, climb, and stretch to reach animals, cages, etc.
- Must be able to lift, carry and maneuver 50 pounds.
- Job ID: 58467854
Gladewater, Texas, United States
- Position Title: Animal Control Officer
- Company Name: City of Gladewater
- Job Function: Safety – (Dispatcher Animal Control etc)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent